The Hafod Hotel Devils Bridge and its sister hotel The Cross Foxes Hotel Dolgellau are committed to meeting its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations 'GDPR' and ensuring the privacy and security of all personal information.
This policy covers the collection, processing and other use of personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA") and the General Data Protection Regulations ("GDPR").
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you make an enquiry or reservation with our hotels, we may ask you to provide certain personal information including your full name, email address, home address, contact number and payment details.
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE RELY ON WHEN COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA?
Performance of a contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
· in the normal course of our business, to allow us to register you to use our hotels and services and to provide you with our services on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our services;
· to allow us to manage your reservation on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our services;
· to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you;
· to store your data to pre-populate fields to make it easier for you to provide information when you return to our sites;
· to communicate with you including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
· to validate your information to check that the data we hold about our customers is accurate, consistent and up to date on the basis that processing is necessary in order to perform our contract with you to provide our services;
· in pursuit of our legitimate interests, to record CCTV footage to ensure the safety and security of our premises, staff and customers;
· to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject
We may periodically check that the personal data we store for you is accurate
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
The information and data we collect is important for us and we would not want to share this with anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes. We may share your information with our sister hotel in line with the above WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR? If you book a twin stop break.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We only store your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes listed under the 'What do we use your information for?' section and to meet our legal obligations as a company.
The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: May 2018
Address: The Hafod, Devil's Bridge, Aberystwyth, SY23 3JL
Telephone: 01970 890 232
Get away and enjoy good food, log fires and beautiful countryside. Available throughout March. Includes Breakfast and 3 course Dinner on both nights. Based on 2 People sharing a room.
Sign up and receive the latest news and offers from The Hafod